Saturday, May 30, 2009

Saturday, May 30th

This morning we have seen great things. Doogie has started to initiate his own breathing capabilities....meaning he is still on a ventilator, but is taking frequent breathes consistently. His medical team is VERY encouraged at this great stride so early on. Of course, this is a baby step in the long journey. We have no doubt that he will continue to amaze us daily like he has always done.

We have had many of Doogie's friends here at the Hospital including Dave, Jeff, Cody, Zach, Rick, and Steve, Chris Brown and Roy Glassey of Skywest Airlines. We would like to thank all of you for your kindness and compassion. It has lifted our spirits to be able to laugh and hear the stories of how you all have come to know Doogie. We would love to include any stories that you may have about Doogie in the Blog and ask that you email them to hhyde3@gmail.com so I can get them on. Through stories of laughter and fun, may we all heal!!

I personally would like to acknowlegde Chris, Roy, Kari, Rexenne, and all other employees of Skywest that have bent over backwards to help in everyway in this situation. Thank you to Mike M. who has posted contact information on CHAPA. (I apologize if any info is not correct, and ask that you look beyond my mistakes) Thank you to all the pilots that have called and text messages to our family, I want to thank all of you personally and acknowledge your names, unfortunately there have been hundreds of texts, and phone calls and we are unable to list all of you at this time. We are in awe of the great love and blessings that has been bestowed upon our family.

We acknowlegde all the people that were and are continuing to care for him, including the night of his accident. Many people were instrumental in the effort to get him assistance immediately and we thank you for your life saving efforts. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

All comments that you post here we will relay to him. Thanks again!! We appreciate the prayers, love and support. Please continue to pray and keep him in your thoughts.

Thank you to the Smith Family for the cute fish cup and balloons.

10 comments:

  1. (((HUGS))) to you all! Keep up the good work Doogie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the good news. We know there will be more to come. We have faith that he will pull through in a positive way.

    Jordan and Valyn and Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. lynn, you are in our thoughts and prayers everyday. love you, kathy and sterling

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news!!! Glad to hear that Doog has started the process of breathing on his own! Keep it up Doogie! I personally know of a dozen people that are fasting today for ya... I bet you didn't know that so many people cared for ya?! Ha! See ya soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so grateful for this blog and update, it is so hard to keep everyone informed and this is truly a comfort to have access to continued information. Uncle Lynn and Aunt Joyce my prayers are with you and Doogie and the entire family. I remember the day you brought him home from the hospital in Monticello. There is so much comfort in the fact that Doogie is such a strong, determined person who has accomplished so much in his life. My prayers are that he will surprise us all in this challenge as well. Thinking of you all. Love Becky Heard, California

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Becky. THANK YOU for this blog site. Being far away is difficult when you aren't sure of how things are going or what progress is being made. Stay possitive Gordy, you will make it !

    ReplyDelete
  7. We wish you all well and will keep your family in our prayers.
    Salisbury Family
    Cloud Creek Ward
    Queen Creek, AZ

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are so glad to hear the good news. We are positive that it will keep coming.

    You are all in our prayers! We are so happy to see this blog. It's hard to hear things second and third hand, so thank you.

    -Aaron, Karlyn, Piper and Teague Salazar

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not exactly what you'd call a "religious" person, but I do believe! My Dad passed in March and we've all been helping Mom get her 2 1/2 acre lot ready to sell. My brother said there were still things in Granny's house (a mobile home they put on Mom's property after Grandpa died, so she would be close to her daughter (my Mom))that should be looked at, to see if there was anything we wanted or needed. Mom & I went in, and on the floor was a small, 4" x 5" card (which we'd never seen), and it was was the most wanted and needed thing I could have gotten from her.

    It said:

    Do not look forward to what might happen tomorrow; the same Everlasting Father who cares for you today will take care of you tomorrow and every day. Either he will shield you from suffering or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it. Be at peace, then, and put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations.

    St. Francis de Sales
    Abbey of Our Lady of the Holy Trinity
    Huntsville, Utah

    Thanks Granny!

    I hope this has significance for others' lives, as Doogie's life has had significance on mine. There is so much to learn.

    I love you Doog. I love you Gordon. I love you Valerie. I love you Josh, Brad and Hailey.
    I love you Audree.
    Holly, thank you for the visit, the open heart and bringing the girls...I love you.

    My heart aches for what you're having to go through.

    I'm here for the long haul as well, and we will get through, by Love and by God.

    ReplyDelete