Saturday, June 6, 2009

Brian Webster sends -

I was deeply saddened to learn about Gordon's death yesterday. I am Josh and Brad's P.E. teacher as well as his niece's P.E. teacher here in Arizona. I knew Gordon for about four years since I started teaching. I would see and talk to him during parent drop off in the morning and parent pick up in the afternoon as well as around school from time to time. I always thought he had one of the coolest jobs in the world and would ask him to tell me some stories about his travels and job. I would always greet him by asking him how the friendly skies were treating him and he would just smile. He lived an always on the go life by being a pilot and he probably saw more of the country and world in his lifetime than many of us will ever see. I didn't know him extremely well other than our brief talks over the last 4 years at school, but he was always extremely friendly and nice to be around and there was a sense he was just one of the really great people you come across in this world. It is tremendous that he was an organ donor and will be able to help better others lives even though he is gone. He will live on through those who received his organs as well as through the endless memories he created in his time with us. He will be sorely missed, but I am proud to say that I knew him, because he was a man that not only lived his life, but he lived it well and with a passion that is hard to find. I am so sorry for your loss.
Please let me know if there will be any kind of remembrance or service held here in Arizona.
Brian Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment