Friday, June 5, 2009

Debbie Parkin sends -

Hello, I am Dave Luker's sister and I had a few encounters with Doogie. Last year, I had just gotten done shopping at WalMart and went to start my Grand Cherokee and it would not start. The battery was dead. My husband was out of town so I called my dad who called my brother, Dave. Dave came down with Doogie right away. I remember seeing them both hunched over the engine trying to figure out the problem and just talking with each other. They laughed every once in a while to what the other had said. They came to the conclusion it was the battery. So they took the battery out and Doogie helped me take it into the store and get a new one. My brother stayed at the car to watch my kids. I remember walking through the store with him and he was telling me how his wife would shop at WalMart and get the best deals. It helped to calm me down because I was just so stressed that this had happened! They got to work putting the battery in, but I think Doogie did most of the work!

Another memory is about 2 months ago my brother stopped by my house to get something and had brought Doogie along with him. I was in the middle of putting together a bathroom wall cabinet. Doogie noticed and as I talked with my brother he just took over building it for me! He didn't ask if I needed help, he just dug into it! It took him maybe 5 mins to finish it when it would have taken me at least a half hour. I thought that was so nice of him. I will always think of him when I see that cabinet.

I didn't personally know Doogie very well, but I know he had a very special spirit. All these stories on the blog prove it. I know my brother misses him very much. He meant a lot to him. My thoughts and prayers have been with you since I heard of his accident. And I will continue to think and pray for you.

Love, Debbie Luker Parkin

No comments:

Post a Comment