Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Deanna Quist sends -

I didn't know Gordon super well. He let me borrow his guitar so a group at my house could play guitar hero. I am just the neighbor 2 doors down, and a friend of Val's, but there are a few things I know about Gordon Hyde. First is that he loved his children. He was a fun dad too. I saw him riding one of his boys scooters down the street later to find out he went quite a ways on that thing because he didn't want to walk. When he was in town, his garage was usually open and he was out with the boys doing stuff. The other thing I noticed is that he had a lot of friends. Now and then I would look out the window and see him coming to or from his friends house just down the street. Or he and a few guys would be standing on the corner visiting. One of his friend's daughter spent time at his house with Val, and I saw him walking her home once. He just seemed like an all around nice guy. The things Val has told me about him prove that to be true. Last night, June 2nd was a special sight to see that Gordon would have been happy to know. Just down the street at the house he would usually go to, his buddies and their wives and children, sat out in their driveway obviously reminiscing about their time with Gordon. I know they were all missing him and telling stories of things they had done together. Like I said, I didn't know Gordon well, but I know their family well enough to ache for their loss. Gordon was a good man, husband, and father. I know he will be watching over his family and friends and he won't be forgotten.God bless you all.
Deanna Quist

Val-There are no words that can express how sorry I am to hear about Gordon. I know there are many people surrounding you and supporting you right now. I have no idea how to help, but please know that I am here for you in ANY way you need. You and your children are in my constant prayers.
Sincerely,Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment