Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Greg Tedrow sends -

Doog was my comp in Aioi. He hit Japan, had 3 short weeks with Dick (choro),then me. Doog and I had a great 2.3 months together, laughing, talking, sometimes fighting (like brothers!), but mostly just doing our best making our way through our mission and Japan. I remember one conversation we had about chop sticks, and how stupid they were... It is safe to say I learned much with Doog- man was he smart, and funny! He will always be the Kanji Bandit to me.
President Wilson of the Kobe Mission loved Doog, I guess he knew that we would be a good companionship. We ended up even more as great friends. "The Booch" (Mission President Wilson) was right. Now Doog and he can talk about it up there...
Doog called me when he finished up the mission in the states. I was really glad to hear from him. Doog and I kept in touch throughout the years. We hung out, shot shotguns together, flew together, he installed a security system in my house, for freakin' free (he wouldn't let me pay), Doog invited me to Costa Rica with his family- those were great times! I almost got myprivate license with Doog- but I chickened out. We had so many great times-too many to recount now.
Doog is one of a kind. A true friend, a kind that is very rare. Time would pass as life does, but we could always pick right up where we left off. I feel greatly blessed to know Doog, and feel so lucky I spent the time that I did with him, and my only regret is I didn't get to spend more time with him.
I wasn't able to make the funeral. I am sorry Valerie and family that I wasn't able to share this time with you. My heart goes out to all of you, as the empty spot in my heart cant compare to what you must feel right now. Please know that my prayers are with you now. I know that we will see Doog again, and have the joy of laughing, joking (irreverently of course!), and just enjoying being around him.
Greg, Tedrow (Choro)

No comments:

Post a Comment