Friday, June 5, 2009

Jacob & Veronica Thomas send -

Here are a few tidbits about Doogie:

At my wedding reception he wanted to give me some advice about marriage. He said "Absence makes the heart grow fonder", then Val smacked him and rolled her eyes.


Doogie always had some new project or hobby that he was working on. He taught me some wood-working and helped me make a pen on his dad's lathe. I remember hearing about how the authorities came to check out his plants he was growing in the basement. He was also into photography for a while. He knew that I was into photography too, and one time we were all at the mall together as a family and we went into the photography store. There was a really nice zoom lens that he was looking at, and then all the sudden he said he was going to buy it for me. I was shocked. It wasn't my birthday or Christmas time or anything, he just thought I would like it I guess.


Last of all I wanted to write about an important lesson that Doogie taught me. When I was probably 15 or 16 years old Doogie helped put together a computer for my family. He spent most of the day with me teaching me about all the parts you need to buy, what they do, and how to put it all together. We finished putting it all together and ate dinner. After dinner he wanted to watch some TV and relax for a minute, but I kept bugging him to help me with something else on the computer. Eventually he helped me with it. Later on Valerie told me that he was kind of upset because after spending all day helping me I never said 'thank you' once. It crushed me to realize how ungrateful I had been. He never said anything about it to me, he just put up with my bratty teenagerness. Ever since that day I never wanted anyone to ever think I was ungrateful again. I will never forget what he taught me.


Jacob Thomas


And here are some from Veronica-


Just this last spring break we came to AZ to bless our new baby, Natalie. I made a cake from scratch for the blessing, and the chocolate frosting turned out a little weird. Doogie said the cake looked like it was covered in bean dip and we all had a good laugh. You never had to guess what he was thinking did you? My first Thanksgiving with my in-laws I had a new recipe for rolls I wanted to try and somehow I forgot to put salt in the first batch of rolls. We tried it after they were done and I thought they didn't taste all that great. Val was trying to be nice and said that she couldn't really tell that something was wrong with them, then Doogie replied "I can tell." The next batch had salt in it. When he tried one of those he said "I guess we'll keep ya". This made me feel right at home because in Chinese culture we don't hide the truth and say what's on our mind. These two experiences made me feel like Doogie was one of my older brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment