Monday, June 1, 2009

Carlos Eichenberger sent -




Dear Valerie,
Not a moment passes that I don't think of you guys. It's become a regular thing for me to check out the blog for updates, and like you, the last thing I'll ever lose is hope. I loved your phrase about being told "no" about anything, since it's a personal philosophy Doogie and I share and firmly believe in.
All of the people that met and befriended Doogie (including my parents, who truly adore him) in Guatemala have been told about this terrible tragedy, and all of them, without exception, will be praying and pulling for him.
I was going through my photos and found these taken in February 2002, when I first had the immense pleasure of meeting you all in person. It was (and still is) one of the best times I've ever had, and treasure the experience.
Remember that even though I'm far away, Doogie, you, the kids and the rest of the family are always, always in my thoughts and prayers.
With much love,
Carlos

No comments:

Post a Comment