Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ray Harvey sends -

I have been remembering my fairly recent re-acquaintance with Doogie and would like to share my thoughts concerning this contact. My name is Ray Harvey and my Sister was Zona Hyde. I was fortunate to get to know Doogie at my sister's funeral and was so impressed with this truly fine, young man! I had recently suffered from a hearing loss and, at the time of the funeral, had very limited hearing. I could not function well in an environment with high background noise and depended on a small whiteboard as my primary way to communicate. Doogie came to my rescue! He spent a lot of time at the house sitting beside me writing notes on the whiteboard so that I was able to grasp, somewhat, various conversations going on around me. Also, at the cemetery, he once again sat beside me and tried to keep me informed as to what was being said. Now, remembering back, I must say that my impression of Doogie was: "What a fine, upstanding, thoughtful young man he was!" Although I was not fortunate to have known him as an adult , I feel I was blessed to have had this brief contact with him. Because of Doogie, I found it easier to get through a really sad time in my life. My prayers are with him and his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment